Baan Puri is a private, beachfront villa sanctuary with six ensuite bedrooms for families, parties or groups of up to 14, on Koh Samui’s beautiful, west-coast beach of Lipa Noi, less than an hour’s drive from the island’s international airport.. In this fully staffed luxury Koh Samui villa, traditional Thai-style pavilions are set in lush tropical gardens around a 30-metre infinity pool. Blessed with glorious sunsets and stunning panoramic views over the picturesque Five Islands group, this idyllic hideaway is customised to relax and recharge – with safe, shallow water bringing peace of mind to parents with young children.
Koh Samui is a relatively small island at just under 230 square kilometres, and much of that is still pristine forest-covered hillside and palm plantations – but it offers a wealth of fun and interesting things to do. Let the staff know what sort of activities you’re interested in and your villa manager will help guide your choices and can also arrange transport to take you there.
Here are some highlights:
- Lipa Noi offers a taste of the laid-back local Samui lifestyle, with numerous rustic, beachfront restaurants and cafés serving Thai and Western cuisines. It’s is also an up-and-coming lifestyle destination with attractions such as a the uber cool Mediterranean-style Nikki Beach Club, which is renowned for its poolside Sunday Brunches and entertainment.
- If it’s shopping, dining and nightlife you’re looking for, Koh Samui has no shortage with the vibrant centres of Chaweng, Lamai and Fisherman’s Village, Bophut, just 30-40 minutes’ drive away.
- The nearby ferry port of Nathon has a charming China town area as well as a ‘Walking Street’ Night Market on Thursdays or for a larger version, Fisherman’s Village Night Market in Bophut springs to life every Friday evening.
- For island hopping! The Ang Thong National Marine Park encompasses a cluster of islands The heavily jungled islands are carefully controlled to keep them in pristine natural condition. A trip to them is a must.
- Samui has a number of spectacular waterfalls. We would recommend starting with the Namuang Falls. Take your bathing costume; there’s a very inviting pool at the base of the falls.
- Have an adventure atop Khao Pom mountain on ATVs or the zipline, or just gaze out at the scenery below from the viewpoint.
- There’s a kite surfing school on the beach at Nathon where you can rent a rig or learn how to do it.
- Regular Thai boxing tournaments are staged at the largest stadium on the island, the Petch Buncha near Chaweng. These are not tourist demo fights; they are the real thing.