Canggu Beachside Villas - Villa GU
This stunning five-bedroomed villa in Canggu is a wonderful choice for a family or a group of friends looking for a sumptuous beachside haven. Located a stone’s throw from the ocean and a gorgeous natural lagoon, this quiet oasis is close to the hustle and bustle of Canggu and Seminyak. With its beautiful minimalist architecture and warm organic interior, Villa Gu is a superbly stylish base for your dream holiday. Surrounded by a lush garden and plenty of outdoor space, this really is tropical living at its very best. The helpful and professional staff will make your stay here absolutely unforgettable.
Your villa manager will have plenty of information about all the places of interest in the area and can arrange transport or make bookings for you. In fact, many of the staff live locally and will be happy to give you some interesting insights into many aspects of Bali life.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the varied activities on offer within easy reach of the villas.
- Enjoy sundowners or an evening meal at La Laguna, a restaurant and bar entirely made out of driftwood. This is probably the most romantic spot you’ll find on the island, with magical sunset views over the lagoon and the beach.
- Finns Recreation Club ¬– just down the road from the villas – provides hours of entertainment for the whole family. It has first class facilities including a restaurant, bar and lounge, a library, a kids’ club and a really cool water park. Or visit Finns Beach Club, just 500 metres to the north of La Laguna, and enjoy poolside cocktails in the spectacular bamboo clubhouse overlooking the pool and ocean.
- If you enjoy eating out, you’ll find some exciting and high-quality choices in the village of Berawa. For breakfast and lunch, head over to Coffee ‘n Oven, which has an excellent choice of European-type pastries. Or try some organic home-grown vegetables underneath the huge tippy-tent at Parachute – only a ten-minute walk from the villas. For dining we can recommend Milu which serves excellent Indonesian and western dishes in a beautiful atmospheric garden, or The Piring Daun for tasty Indian fusion cuisine.
- Children will love hanging out at the Bali Equestrian Centre, a world-class destination for riders and tourists. Its facilities have been designed to accommodate the entire family with pony rides and day camps for the little ones, lessons, family village tours and beach rides.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and nearby rural villages such as Pererenan and Seseh by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (eatery) to sample some basic Balinese fare.
- The Canggu Beachside Villas are only a 45-minute drive from the famous Tanah Lot sea temple, one of Bali’s most important temples, and also one of its most popular tourist attractions. You can expect a lot of people and camera phones if you visit during sunset, especially during peak holiday season. We advise visiting early in the morning (8-9am) when there are less people and you’ll have a much better chance to really experience the power of this sacred place.
- Play a round at the well-laid out 18-hole Bali Beach Golf Course in Sanur or the 85-hectare New Kuta Golf Course on the Bukit Peninsula, for fantastic ocean views.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned temple – Pura Ulun Danu.