Grand Cliff Ungasan
A fully staffed, contemporary styled, five-bedroom villa with spectacular ocean views, a 20-metre private pool, terraces and balconies, a cinema room, billiard table, lower deck with a jacuzzi tub, and relaxation gazebo. This exceptional villa in Bali is located in the grounds of a luxury cliff-top resort on the spectacular Bukit Peninsula. Here, you can enjoy all the benefits of your own modern holiday home as well as the five-star facilities of the boutique-style resort, which includes funicular access to a beach club set on gorgeous white-sands, a complimentary kids’ club, gourmet restaurant, main swimming pool and cliff-top spa.
Your Villa Manager or Supervisor will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any required bookings. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life. In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer on The Bukit Peninsula and in Jimbaran.
- Perched on a cliff 70m above the roaring Indian ocean, Uluwatu Temple (Pura Uluwatu) is one of Bali's nine key directional temples. Facing west and with steep headlands on either side creating an unbelievably dramatic setting, sunsets over Uluwatu are a sight not to be missed.
- There are two 18-hole golf courses close to the villa. New Kuta Golf and Bukit Pandawa Golf & Country Club are both situated on the brilliant white limestone cliffs with spectacular views of the Indian Ocean. Try to get a morning booking and avoid playing in the sizzling midday sun.
- From simple local eateries to world-class fine dining establishments, the Bukit Peninsula presents a wide choice of remarkable restaurants. Opt for top-notch resort dining experiences at the Italian Il Ristorante at Bulgari Resort, the multi-award-winning Ju-Ma-Na at Banyan Tree, Cire at Alila, or Sake no Hana, the high-end Japanese restaurant at Omnia. Savour the freshest seafood at the cliff-side Kisik Bar & Grill at Ayana (awesome at sunset).
- A seafood feast at Jimbaran Beach is a must for every holiday in Bali. Here, the glorious west-facing beach is home to a plethora of seafood ‘warung’; these simple cafés extend across the length of the beach and serve up the catch of the day, perfect for a sunset dinner.
- Uluwatu is the place for surfing enthusiasts. Most of the breaks here are only suitable for advanced or expert surfers - the waves are big here. If you’d rather stay high and dry, stop at Single Fin restaurant on the cliff above to watch the fearless wave-riders performing their moves. Other surf spots on The Bukit include Green Bowl, Dreamland, Balangan, Padang-Padang, and Bingin/Impossibles.
- At Jenggala Keramic in Jimbaran, visitors can browse and buy from a vast range of handcrafted ceramics and glassware. Jenggala also runs 'Make and Paint a Pot' sessions where 'Children' of all ages are encouraged to get creative.
- A two-hour session in the Thermes Marins Bali Aquatonic Pool at Ayana Resort is an unforgettable journey through therapeutic jetstreams, microbubbles, water massages and aqua-beds.