Villa Kalimaya I is an immaculate private luxury villa, moments from Seminyak Beach, yet serene within walled gardens brimming with tropical colour. The villa offers a choice of 4 or 5 bedrooms – all with king-size 4-poster beds – and an 18m swimming pool. Ideal for large families, groups of friends and special events.
This elegant villa features three thatched garden balés, an infra-red sauna, and cooling water features. WiFi is available throughout, as are iPod docks, plasma TVs and DVD players. A highly trained team of professional staff capture the essence of Balinese hospitality and an experienced chef, prepares restaurant-quality food.
Your villa manager has a wealth of information about places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the area too. Most will live nearby and can give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of local Bali life. In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Villa Kalimaya:
- Blessed with the best location in Bali, Villa Kalimaya is just around the corner from the famous ‘eat street’ and only 2 minutes walk from Ku De Ta, Seminyak Square and the new uber-hip Motel Mexicola. Fashionistas, trendies, shop-a-holics and foodies will be in heaven – with the villas being right in the middle of Seminyak, Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave. Here, you can indulge for hours in the wealth of stylish, chic boutiques and international restaurants and bars including W Hotel, Potato Head Beach Club, La Lucciola and newcomer Petitenget. For furniture, antiques and homeware stores go for a wander around the streets of nearby Kerobokan.
- Book a dynamic in-villa private yoga session with an Australian teacher or a private salsa lesson with Made, the best salsa dancer on the island.
- Enjoy a Balinese cooking class with our in-house chef and buy you wine from the villa cellar at wholesale prices.
- The villa is close to the famous sea temple at Tanah Lot (16.5km). Although renowned for its sunset vistas, going early in the morning provides a better idea of the power of the location and the chance to see it undisturbed, apart from perhaps an offering ceremony.
- A nice sunset alternative is to head down to Echo Beach (11km) where a number of cafés offer good sunset views and cold beer. Hotel Tugu, a very stylish and eclectic boutique hotel a few minutes further down the coast is also a good sunset spot. Note that the beach along this section of the coast is dark volcanic sand and the waters are better suited to surfing than swimming.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan Regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Get up to some monkey business at Bali Treetop Adventure Park (53km) (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- With its warm seas, almost year-round season, relatively uncrowded beach and reef breaks and suitability for all levels of experience, Bali surfing is world renowned. The beaches of Canggu (11km) are known for their world-class surf breaks, offering exposed reef breaks with consistent surf. May to October (dry season) is the favoured time for waves.
- If you are a bold and brave bargain hunter, a spree within the heart of Bali’s bustling provincial capital is an exciting and rewarding experience. Visit the vibrant Denpasar markets, where everything and anything is available.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.