Naam Sawan lies within the exclusive Cape Yamu Estate on the northeast side of Phuket Island. This idyllic seaside escape with private beach access is well suited for families, friends and boasts stunning views of Phang Nga Bay and its dramatic limestone karst islands. It includes four spacious ensuite bedrooms with panoramic sea views, opulent living spaces, a tastefully designed 30-metre infinity pool with swim-up bar and vast gardens. The welcoming team of staff comprises a professionally trained chef, service staff, housekeeping and 24-hour estate security.
Naam Sawan’s manager and concierge team will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of the region.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Charter a yacht or speedboat and discover the iconic sights of Phang Nga Bay. Sail around the bay’s towering limestone islands or paddle through the karst caves on a sea kayaking trip.
- Found within the Khao Phra Thaeo national park, Bang Pae Waterfall is an oasis in Phuket's interior with a walking trail and cool stream winding through the jungle. Stop in at the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project to see some of the resilient primates that have been rescued from animal traffickers, and learn about the charity’s efforts to release them back into the wild.
- Naka Yai is a picture-perfect island just a short boat ride away from Phuket’s east coast, and home to COMO Beach Club where guests of Naam Sawan enjoy access to its beach and facilities including kayaks, kids’ club, spa, swimming pool and restaurant at a nominal fee.
- Phuket is a fantastic water sports centre with surfing lessons and board rental available at most of its west-coast beaches including Bang Tao and Kamala. For some aquatic adventures inland, visit Anthem Wake Park for a cable wakeboard session, where first-timers and pros alike are warmly welcomed.
- Join a heritage walking tour of Old Phuket Town and learn about the rich history behind its colourful Sino-Portuguese shophouses and delicious regional cuisine. Or explore at your own pace at the Lard Yai Sunday street market where local artists, craftsmen and food vendors display their wares.
- We’re going to reveal a local secret here: Phuket’s east coast is a dream for dining, with one of the island’s top rated restaurants – Breeze – found within the estate. Breeze is the place to go for a long, lazy Sunday brunch or sunset sundowners, while the nearby Nahmyaa Thai restaurant at Point Yamu resort boasts healthy food with local tastes. Outside the estate, try Laem Hin Seafood for flavourful fresh Thai seafood and views across the bay to Coconut Island, or hop aboard a long-tail boat to dine at one of the floating restaurants just offshore.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at a Phuket’s shopping centre including Central Festival or Premium Outlet along the bypass road near Phuket Town or Jungceylon mall in Patong Beach.
- Perfect your swing in the tropics at one of Phuket’s scenic golf courses. The fabulous Mission Hills Golf Club is only a 20-minute drive from the villa.
- Inject some wellness into your holiday with a spa session at the COMO Shambhala Retreat at Point Yamu resort.
- Enjoy a family-friendly evening out at Siam Niramit, a Thai dancing and cultural show known for its elaborate traditional performances and sparkling costumes.