Selong Selo - 1C Villa Capri (3BR)
Perfect for groups of friends or families, Selong Selo’s stunning three-bedroom villas have lavish living spaces and private infinity pools. The bedrooms are all spaced out, affording privacy to each guest. These luxurious villas sport floor-to-ceiling windows and sliding doors framing awe-inspiring vistas of the turquoise bay below. Selong Belanak Beach is accessible via shuttle and the estate offers in-villa dining as well as western and local fare at Aura Lounge and Bar, set in an open pavilion with gorgeous views of the sunset and twinkling fishing boats when it’s dark.
- Lombok is all about surfing and they say that Selong Belanak Beach is the best on the island for beginners. This white sandy beach just happens to be the stunning white necklace you see from your villa. Shuttle transfers are available to and fro from the beach, should you want to visit it. It’s also a great place for watching the sun go down, as the lobster fishermen light up their boats to twinkle as the skies go dark.
- Picnics are the best way to enjoy a day out and Lombok offers you the option of picnicking on the secluded Mawun beach or in the green wilderness. Whichever you prefer, the staff at Selong Selo can arrange a classy day out, complete with white tents, champagne flutes and a delicious picnic hamper.
- Lessons for surfing or paddleboarding can be arranged by the staff, so you are trained by skilled instructors. Enjoy the surf and the sand, Lombok has plenty of both to offer.
- Love the local food? Why not try your hand at making it? A private cooking class can be arranged in your villa wherein a chef will procure ingredients from the local villages and bring them to your doorstep. You will then be taken through the process of creating delicious Lombok dishes and sauces. Enjoy the fruits of your labour by devouring a lavish lunch to finish it off.
- Kuta (not to be confused with its Balinese namesake) has a vibrant tourist scene, especially with backpackers and serious surfers. Thanks to its expat residents, the sleepy town has some fabulous restaurants, ranging from Italian cuisine to fusion vegetarian fare and cafes and bakeries.
- The southern coast of Lombok has abundant marine life. Plan a fishing trip for half a day, where you can catch some delicious fish to be barbecued later. The staff at Selong Selo can help arrange for the trip as well as a private in-villa barbecue.
- If the changing colours of the sky were not proof enough, you know its sunset when the procession of the cows traverses through Selong Belanak Beach. The cowherds take the cows for grazing at sunrise and bring them back at sunset. It is quite a visual extravaganza and makes for some fantastic photographs against the background of orange skies and the setting sun.
- Head out for some adventure and make a beeline for the waterfalls up north. Located 50km away from Selong Selo, Benang Stokel and Benang Kelambu boast of 20-metre high drops and exhilarating jumps into pools below. It’s a wonderful idea for a day out in the outdoors, with a picnic thrown in for good measure.
- Gili Islands to the north of Lombok are known for their crystal clear waters and vivid corals. Take a snorkelling trip and experience the joy of witnessing the vibrant underwater world. It is an alternate universe, with schools of fish swimming by multi-coloured reefs and plants and vegetation that can only be described as extraordinary.
- The mountainous landscape makes Lombok a trekkers’ paradise. There are plenty of paths meandering up the gentle slopes to explore. Serious trekkers can attempt to scale jungle-clad Mt.Rinjani, Indonesia’s second highest active volcano with a mesmerising turquoise lake at the top.