Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa
A rare find along Bali’s south-west coast, this unique six-bedroom home, comprises a four-bedroom main villa, which can be rented alone, and a charming two-bedroom guesthouse located in a quiet corner of the grounds. Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa enjoys 100 metres of private beach frontage on almost 12,000 sqm of lush gardens, and makes an idyllic wedding venue.
The villa is beautifully designed and blends harmoniously with the natural environment. Coupled with the infectious smiles of the warm and friendly staff, and the amazing cuisine prepared by the dedicated in-house chef, it’s no wonder guests are captivated by Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa’s appeal and authenticity.
The villa manager at Sungai Tinggi Beach Villa will typically have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of some of the activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Catch a wave, or several, at some of Bali’s best surfing beaches, all are within easy access and Pererenan is right on your doorstep. Among these naturally beautiful beaches, Echo Beach is perhaps the most famed surfers haunt, but all are in prime position for Bali’s legendary sunsets.
- On Canggu Beach, be sure to visit mystical Hotel Tugu Bali. Bali’s first museum/hotel is studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques and its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. Or try the more casual café across the road; Old Man’s for alfresco all day dining.
- Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy, wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset but is less busy in the mornings; be sure to receive a blessing from the Hindu priests.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hot-foot it down to Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of stylish, global-inspired restaurants, chic boutiques and hipper-than-thou bars – including much hyped, Ku Dé Ta, Petitenget and The Potato Head Beach Club.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Drive westwards to explore the unchartered West Bali region, where the charming Tabanan Regency reveals terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains including Mt Batukaru and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities – treasures that Bali is famed for.
- For a day of culture and dramatic landscapes, drive directly north from the villa to the mountain town of Bedugul. From here, explore three volcanic lakes, including Bratan, with its photogenic and stunningly positioned Pura Ulun Danu – one of Bali’s most important temples.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and rural villages by bicycle (there are four at the villa for guest use); a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (café) to sample some basic Balinese fare or cool off with a cold drink.
- Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.