Spectacular sunrises and sleek design define three-bedroomed Villa Abiente; an ideal destination for those seeking a modern escape off the beaten track. Set within the Baan Yamu luxury estate on Phuket’s scenic Cape Yamu, Abiente is a sea-view haven with a 12-metre private pool, chic ensuite bedrooms and bright living areas. Enjoy delicious Thai cuisine prepared by your private chef, and settle in for a lavish stay surrounded by modern comforts and cared for by a skilled staff team. Available within the estate are an Olympic-sized pool, gym and restaurant, while more dining, spa and leisure choices are within easy reach.
- Explore the iconic karst islands of Phang Nga Bay, made famous in the James Bond classic ‘The Man with the Golden Gun’. Cruise the scenic waters aboard a luxury yacht or paddle through the caves on a sea kayaking daytrip.
- Indulge in a Long Lazy Sunday brunch with beautiful bay views at Breeze restaurant, just a five-minute drive from the villa. Enjoy a dozen or more selections with the menu refreshed regularly to ensure the best seasonal ingredients, all served with style at a single long table that seats 40 guests.
- Go surfing at one of Phuket’s west-coast beaches including Kalim just north of Patong Beach and Kamala, or if conditions allow hire a SUP board and explore the coastline by paddle. Or head inland to the lake at Anthem Wake Park for some cable wakeboarding and, for the kids, an inflatable aqua park.
- Take a stroll back through time with a walk around Phuket Old Town and its historic Sino-Portuguese shophouses, many of which have been converted into chic cafés and boutiques. On Sunday evenings the colourful streets host the lively Lard Yai market offering tasty local food, art and handicrafts for sale.
- Learn the secrets of Thai cuisine in a cookery class offered by the talented chefs at the nearby Nahmyaa restaurant in Como Point Yamu resort, or try a class with the master of Thai fusion fare, Chef Tammasak “Noi” Chootong of Suay restaurant.
- Phuket is home to two wildlife sanctuaries, both found on the east coast. At the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project, just inside the entrance to Khao Phra Thaeo national park, learn more about these endangered primates and the efforts to release gibbons saved from poachers back to the wild. Or book a tour of the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary to watch rescued elephants at play in their natural environment.
- Tee-off at one of Phuket’s meticulously landscaped golf courses including Mission Hills, Laguna Phuket Golf Club and Blue Canyon Country Club.
- Give your body and mind a restorative boost with a massage or beauty session at a Phuket luxury spa. Nearby is the COMO Shambhala Retreat at Point Yamu resort, or book into the Banyan Tree Spa for a truly royal treatment.
- Browse for local crafts, beach fashions, brand-name clothing and more at one of Phuket’s shopping centres including Premium Outlet near Phuket Town, Jungceylon mall in Patong Beach and Boat Avenue near Bangtao Beach.
- Discover the exotic marine life of the Andaman Sea on a scuba diving or snorkelling day trip to nearby islands including Koh Khai, the Similan islands, Koh Phi Phi and the Raya islands.