Villa Amanzi Kamala
A designer villa set over three levels with spectacular sea and sunset views, the six-bedroom Amanzi Kamala is an awe-inspiring holiday retreat. Found near Kamala Beach in an exclusive private estate, the villa blends intriguing modern design with its gorgeous tropical hillside setting to stunning effect. The 15-metre pool forms the heart of the villa, while expansive indoor and outdoor living spaces offer the perfect party pad, or simply a haven for some blissful relaxation with family and friends. A family/games room, guest kitchen and jacuzzi offer added flourishes of luxury, while the dedicated team of staff, including a chef, provide five-star service.
Amanzi Kamala offers a complete escape from the world, yet its location between Kamala and Patong beaches makes it a good launching point for myriad Phuket adventures. A day at the beach, a cultural tour, a culinary exploration, a scenic yacht cruise … all these activities and more are within reach, and easily arranged with your villa manager’s assistance. Here’s just a sample of some things to see and do beyond the villa.
- Watch the sun go down, cocktail in hand, surrounded by the pulsating energy of one of the island’s beach clubs, at HQ Beach Lounge or Café Del Mar on Kamala Beach, Kudo Beach Club on Patong Beach or Catch Beach Club at the south end of Bang Tao Beach, to name just a few.
- Climb aboard a luxury yacht for a magical cruise around Phang Nga Bay and its steep karst islands, with a stop at the floating village of Koh Panyee, or visit the nearby Similan, Raya or Phi Phi islands to explore the depths of the Andaman Sea on a scuba diving or snorkelling daytrip.
- Go for an active day at the beach by surfing, kayaking, windsurfing, kite surfing, or stand-up paddling, with lessons and rental equipment available at Kamala, Patong, Bang Tao and other beaches around Phuket
- Discover Phuket’s lively after-dark scene, with most nightlife action centred in Patong Beach and Phuket Town. A full spectrum of venues, from elegant sunset cocktail bars to DJ dance clubs and no-frills beer huts, are there to be explored.
- Indulge in complete body and mind restoration with a Thai massage or other therapeutic treatment at one of Phuket’s luxury spas including the famous Banyan Tree Spa or at the nearby Paresa resort.
- Soak up some Sino-Portuguese style and culture on a walking tour around Old Phuket Town. Shop and try the tasty local eats on the colourful streets lined with cafés, bars and art studios, and be sure to visit on a Sunday evening when the historic Thalang Road is transformed into a lively open-air street market.
- Join a Thai cookery class to learn the secrets behind some of the spicy and flavourful dishes of this celebrated cuisine.
- Spend a day exploring the island’s interior, with a visit to Bang Pae Waterfall and the nearby Gibbon Rehabilitation Project, a Phuket Elephant Sanctuary tour, zip-lining and navigating the treetop walkways at Hanuman World, agricultural tours and more.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at Jungceylon shopping centre in Patong, Central Festival in Phuket Town or Boat Avenue mall near Bang Tao Beach.
- Explore Phuket’s sacred sites with a visit to Wat Chalong, the island’s largest Buddhist temple, and the Big Buddha, a 45-metre-high white marble statue set on a hilltop with spectacular 360-degree views over the beaches and lush landscapes of southern Phuket.