Villa Indrani is the perfect choice if you’re looking for a fully staffed stylish five-bedroom luxury villa in Canggu’s Berawa Beach. The villa’s elegant bedrooms, along with its spacious living areas and large open-plan kitchen, make this a superb option for a family with children or a group of friends. The beautiful courtyard pool and sun deck are great for lounging or enjoying a cocktail freshly prepared by one of the butlers. Located five minutes’ walk from the wide sandy beach and a variety of trendy coffee shops and restaurants in Berawa village, there’s plenty to keep everyone entertained.
Villa Indrani’s manager has plenty of information about all the places of interest in the area and can arrange transport or make bookings for you. In fact, many of the villa staff live locally and if you’re interested they will be happy to give you some interesting insights into aspects of Bali life.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the many and varied activities on offer within easy reach of the villa.
- A visit to Finns Recreation Club ¬– just down the road from Villa Indrani – means hours of entertainment for the whole family. It has first class facilities including a restaurant, bar and lounge, a library, a kids’ club and a really cool water park. Or you can visit its beach club instead, which is located further down Berawa Beach. It has a spectacular bamboo building from where you can enjoy poolside cocktails and entertainment throughout the day.
- If you enjoy eating out, you’ll find some exciting and high-quality choices in the village of Berawa. For breakfast and lunch, head over to Coffee ‘n Oven, which has an excellent choice of European-type pastries. Or try some organic homegrown vegetables underneath the huge tippy-tent at Parachute – only a two-minute walk from the villa. For dining we can recommend Milu, which serves excellent Indonesian and western dishes in a beautiful atmospheric garden, or The Piring Daun for tasty Indian fusion cuisine.
- Children will love hanging out at the Bali Equestrian Centre, a world-class destination for riders and tourists. Its facilities have been designed to accommodate the entire family with pony rides and day camps for the little ones, lessons, family village tours and beach rides.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and nearby rural villages such as Pererenan and Seseh by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (eatery) to sample some basic Balinese fare.
- Villa Indrani is only a 45-minute drive from the famous sea temple of Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s most important temples, and also one of its most popular tourist attractions. You can expect a lot of people and camera phones if you visit during sunset, especially during peak holiday season. We advise visiting early in the morning (8-9am) when there are less people and you’ll have a much better chance to really experience the power of this sacred place.
- Play a round at the well-laid-out 18-hole Bali Beach Golf Course in Sanur or the 85-hectare New Kuta Golf Course on the Bukit Peninsula, for fantastic ocean views.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned temple – Pura Ulun Danu.