Just a stone’s throw from the beach, this 4-bedroom Seminyak villa is a hidden paradise for families and friends seeking the best of Bali. The villa combines modern and colonial architecture inspired by its exotic tropical location, and comes with a T-shaped swimming pool, plenty of luxurious living space, a media room and a dining terrace in a delightful courtyard setting. Five-star service is provided by the villa’s friendly staff, including a butler, housekeepers and an experienced in-house chef who prepares delicious Asian fare and sensational seafood barbecues.
Villa Jajaliluna’s manager, Wayan, has a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Many of them live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Bali boasts hundreds of ancient temples (pura): at Petitenget Beach entrance (1km), Pura Dalem Petitenget appears unassuming, but is actually one of the island’s key temples, with sixteenth century origins. Considered sacred (and associated with ghostly tales), visitors should be respectfully attired to enter. Regular colourful ceremonies are held here, or on the holy area of beach opposite.
- Stylish nightspots are within staggering distance, located both in Petitenget and Seminyak. Amongst all the hip bars, don’t miss one of Asia’s most famed beach clubs, Ku Dé Ta, on Seminyak beachfront – an absolute must for sunset cocktails. Seminyak also boasts superb shopping, with designer boutiques, antique stores, art galleries and more.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Jet-lagged and can’t sleep? Need to glam-up before a big night out or pamper yourself after one? Jajaliluna is surrounded by world-class spas but Away Spa, at W Retreat Bali, a short stroll away, is one of Bali’s most glamorous and lavish, and is open 24 hours a day.
- A string of beaches renowned for their excellent surf breaks are easily accessible along this south-west coastline and are all in prime position for fabulous sunsets. Head to legendary surfer’s haunt, Echo Beach (8km) which conveniently provides post-surf sunset drinking.
- Alternatively, if you want to learn to surf, head down to the Double Six section of Legian Beach, home to Rip Curl School of Surf. With the surf school’s long experience and Legian’s manageable waves and warm, sandy-bottomed seas, this is a great spot for novice surfers, and for excellent brunches at one of the beachfront restaurants.
- With a five star International rating, certified international instructors and over 40 school horses including school masters, Bali Equestrian Centre is a world-class destination for both riders and tourists. The facilities have been designed to accommodate the entire family - pony rides and day camps for the little ones, lessons, family village tours and beach rides. After riding there is a beautiful architecturally designed restaurant, pool area and playground to be enjoyed by all.
- Adrenaline junkies and adventure seekers can get their fix white water rafting down the Ayung River north of Ubud, while culture vultures can head into Ubud’s town centre and explore the traditional market and wonderful art galleries.
- Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot (18km), one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset; make sure you receive a blessing from the resident Hindu Priests.
- To escape the crowds, drive westwards past Tanah lot, heading for the relatively unchartered West Bali region. Here, the charming Tabanan Regency reveals terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black sand beaches dotted with fishing communities – archetypal landscape for which Bali is famed.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, Tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Pulau Dive Charters offers luxury boat charters around the beautiful islands and waters surrounding Bali. They specialise in private fishing, surfing and diving charters and also offer unique personalised day trips to Nusa Lembongan. Perfect for a family day out on the water or with a group of friends.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.