This four-bedroom, fully staffed luxury villa in Canggu is perfect for families and groups of friends. The villa’s edgy architecture, large rooftop terrace, 25-metre pool and tropical garden, along with its beautifully designed interior, purpose-built karaoke room and friendly staff, make it an absolute gem. It’s located in a quiet corner of super trendy Batu Bolong – the beating heart of Bali’s healthy-living and eco-conscious movement by day and hipster party scene by night. If you’re looking for a super stylish oasis to explore Bali from, then we can’t think of a better place.
Villa Kayajiwa’s manager has plenty of information about all the places of interest in the area and can arrange transport or make bookings for you. In fact, many of the villa staff live locally and if you’re interested they will be happy to give you some interesting insights into aspects of Bali life.
Here’s a quick overview of some of the many and varied activities on offer within easy reach of the villa.
- If you’re into yoga and meditation, you’re only minutes away from The Practice and Serenity, two of Canggu’s most popular yoga studios. Both are based in beautiful bamboo buildings and offer a variety of daily workshops and courses.
- If you enjoy eating out, you’ll find some exciting and high-quality dining choices in Batu Bolong. For breakfast and brunch there’s Betelnut which has a great selection of hearty vegetarian options, or The Shady Shack if you prefer vegan food. For dining we can recommend Moana Fish Eatery, which serves excellent dishes in a lovely Hawaiian themed atmosphere, or Luigi’s for some top notch Neapolitan pizzas.
- Samadi farmers market is just a short walk away. It runs twice weekly, with stallholders from different family-run farms from around Bali. It also has a great mix of local and expat craftspeople offering their wares.
- Explore the scenic rice-field landscape and nearby rural villages such as Pererenan and Seseh by bicycle; a great way to get under the skin of the ‘real’ Bali. Stop off at a local warung (eatery) to sample some basic Balinese fare.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- Villa Kayajiwa is only 10km from the famous sea temple of Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s most important temples, and also one of its most popular tourist attractions. You can expect a lot of people and camera phones if you visit during sunset, especially during peak holiday season. We advise visiting early in the morning (8-9am) when there are less people and you’ll have a much better chance to really experience the power of this sacred place.
- Play a round at the well-laid out 18-hole Bali Beach Golf Course in Sanur or the 85-hectare New Kuta Golf Course on the Bukit Peninsula, for fantastic ocean views.
- Drive westwards to explore the charming Tabanan regency, revealing terraced rice fields of emerald green, volcanic mountains and black-sand beaches dotted with fishing communities. Or head north to explore the volcanic lakes near the mountain town of Bedugul, including Lake Bratan with its photogenic and stunningly positioned temple – Pura Ulun Danu.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.