Villa Kedidi is a traditional Balinese home offering a luxurious stay just metres from Canggu Beach, with great nightlife, boutique stores and exciting restaurants right at its doorstep. Hidden behind private walls in lush tropical gardens, this three-bedroom villa neighbours Villa Kakatua (four bedrooms), to provide an individual or combined option, as required.
The warm and attentive staff goes out of its way to ensure the guests are comfortable and taken care of. It is the perfect pad if you want to sample Bali’s nightlife or catch a wave at one of Canggu’s popular surf breaks.
The villa manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. Do also ask the staff about the local area. Invariably many of them will live nearby and will be able to give an interesting insight into some of the fascinating aspects of Bali life.
In the meantime, here’s a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of Villa Kedidi.
- A string of naturally beautiful beaches, some renowned for their surf, are right on the villa’s doorstep. Head down to Batu Bolong Beach or take a leisurely stroll along the sands to the legendary surfing haunt, Echo Beach. Whichever beach you choose, all are in prime position for fabulous sunsets.
- Immediately next door is the fascinating, 5-star Hotel Tugu Bali. Bali’s first museum-hotel is studded with priceless Indonesian artworks and antiques, while its award-winning spa offers age-old Eastern therapies. You can even order room service to the villa!
- Trek through local villages, rice fields and onto the beach with Kuda P riding stables, based in Pererenan. These guided rides are suitable for everyone from total beginner to the experienced rider and range from half an hour (perfect for the kids) to two hours. Transfers to and from local villas are included in the price.
- Old Mans, just a five-minute walk down the road towards the beach, is a great spot for a bite to eat and a drink or two. Or cross the road to sip on Sangria at The Lawn, and watch Bali surfers ride the waves. Party at Pretty Poison on Thursday and Saturday nights or, if you’re looking for a quieter night, head down there on Mondays when the whole place is transformed into an outdoor candle-lit movie theatre.
- Make the de rigueur pilgrimage to sacred Pura Tanah Lot, one of Bali’s biggest tourist magnets. Perched high on a craggy wave-lashed rock, this ancient sea temple is best savoured at sunset, however there are less crowds early morning; make sure you receive a blessing from the Hindu Priests.
- Fashionistas, trendies and shop-a-holics should hotfoot it down to Bali’s most cosmopolitan enclave, Seminyak. Here, you can indulge for hours in the glut of global-inspired gourmet restaurants, stylish boutiques and hipper-than-thou bars.
- The most exclusive Bali trekking tour promises breath-taking vistas and heart-warming encounters while supporting sustainable social change in the once-forgotten villages of Muntigunung. Elite Havens is a proud partner of Muntigunung Community Social Enterprise.
- There are several surf schools in Bali, mainly based in and around Kuta and Legian, where young and old(er) can learn to surf or brush up on their skills. Ask your villa manager for local recommendations.
- Bali Treetop Adventure Park is near the town of Bedugal in northern central Bali (next to Lake Bratan). Five adventure circuits, with heights ranging from two to 20 metres, challenge all level and ages on suspended bridges, spider nets, tarzan jumps and 12 flying foxes.
- Explore beneath the waves with Aquamarine Diving – Bali, a British owned and managed dive shop running PADI dive courses, dive safaris and day dive trips to a number of exciting sites around Bali. The owner’s concept for Aquamarine has always been to plan dive experiences in the way that she would want arrangements made were she a visitor to Bali. As a result, this PADI 5 Star dive resort offers great personal service and highly experienced dive instructors.
- Covering 3.8 hectares of tropical parkland in Kuta, Waterbom Bali has 16 water slides (including The Climax with its 360 degree loop) to entertain the young and the young at heart. A great family day out, but go early to beat the crowds.