Villa Sammasan looks out over the Andaman Sea from its a lush hillside perch, just a few moments’ walk from the soft sands of Surin Beach on Phuket’s scenic west coast. One of eight villas in the exclusive Surin Heights estate, this three-bedroomed villa offers ocean views from every room, and from its 9-metre infinity-edge pool and poolside relaxation sala. Award wining interiors are accented with striking modern artwork and bright furnishings and fittings. Staffed with a villa manager, chef and team of housekeepers and close to many good restaurants and shops, Villa Sammasan makes an ideal Phuket holiday choice for families. It is located right next door to Napalai, combined very suitable to families.
Villa Sammasan’s guest relations manager will have a wealth of information about nearby places of interest and will help arrange transport and make any bookings required. And be sure to ask your villa manager about some of the lesser-known places and beaches around the island if you fancy an insider’s view into local Phuket life.
In the meantime, here is a taste of the many and varied activities on offer within reach of the villa.
- Take a cruise aboard a luxury yacht and discover the wonders and colours of the Andaman Sea. The towering karsts of Phang Nga Bay and the clear waters and white sands of the Raya, Similan and Phi Phi islands and more are all within easy reach.
- Keep cool and fit in the water with some windsurfing, kite surfing, sea kayaking, wakeboarding or stand-up paddling, or slip below the surface on a scuba diving or snorkelling excursion to explore the rich sea life.
- Delve into Phuket’s beach club and dining scene: decadent brunches, DJ dance parties, beachfront barbecues, romantic sunset dinners.
- Relax, release and restore your senses with a spa treatment in luxurious surrounds at places like the Banyan Tree or Amanpuri resort, or to the sound of ocean waves with a simple beachside Thai massage.
- Explore the streets of Old Phuket on a cultural walking tour. Find out about the island’s history beyond its beaches, take in the colour and beauty of the Sino-Portuguese style shops and mansions and sample the local eats that earned Phuket a UNESCO ‘city of gastronomy’ accolade.
- Learn the secrets behind making some of this exotic and flavourful cuisine yourself by joining a Thai cookery class.
- Tee off tropical style at the Laguna Phuket Golf Club, Blue Canyon, Mission Hills or other Phuket golf courses.
- Escape into the island’s diverse and daring after-dark scene from stylish cocktail and wine bars to waterside sunset lounges to raucous nightclubs in Patong.
- Reconnect with nature in the island’s interior with elephant and horseback riding, ATV trail rides, waterfalls and jungle walks, the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project, zip-lining at Hanuman World, bungy jumping, agricultural tours and more.
- Indulge in some retail therapy at The Plaza Surin, Paul Ropp, boutique shops at Twinpalms and Amanpuri resorts and other shops along the streets of Surin selling arts and crafts, resort wear, gifts and antiques.