The five-bedroom Villa Sapna blends modern design, vivid works of art and a superb ocean-view setting to offer families and groups a fun, lavish tropical escape. Found within a secured estate on Phuket’s tranquil Cape Yamu, this fully-staffed villa has an enviable position on the hillside that offers full views of both the sunrise and sunset over the sea. Stylish living and dining areas open to the 20-metre pool surrounded by ample terracing, lawn and tropical gardens, while each bedroom – including a master suite with jacuzzi – offers a private, restful haven. Additional facilities include a gym, a lift and rooftop terrace.
Villa Sapna is in a prime area for discovering Phuket’s quieter east coast landscapes and the spectacular islands of Phang Nga Bay. Though the villa enjoys a more secluded location, a 30-minute drive or less will take you to well-known beaches, restaurants, golf courses, parks and other attractions. Be sure to ask the villa staff for their insider tips, and have a look at the recommendations below for just a few ideas on things to see and do beyond the villa:
- Phang Nga Bay, which is in full view from the villa, is a magical place to explore with its towering karst islands and calm glassy waters. Charter a cruise aboard a luxury yacht or join a sea kayaking tour and paddle through caves into hidden Garden of Eden lagoons.
- Visit nearby Breeze restaurant for a decadent Long Lazy Sunday Brunch with fresh seasonal dishes. Bring along your friends or make some new ones as you dine, family style, at one long table seating 40 food-lovers.
- Soak up the colourful Sino-Portuguese scene with a stroll around Phuket’s historic Old Town, where many century-old buildings have been restored and transformed into stylish cafes and boutiques. Every Sunday the lively Lard Yai street market opens along Thalang Road with a good array of local food, art and handicrafts for sale.
- Go for an active family outing to Anthem Wake Park, a multi-sport centre with an indoor climbing wall, cable wakeboarding and an inflatable aqua park on a scenic lake.
- Indulge in some all-sensory rejuvenation at a Phuket luxury spa. Try treatments such as deep tissue massage, body scrubs and facials at the COMO Shambhala Retreat at Point Yamu resort, or book a full day spa package at the Banyan Tree Spa for a truly royal treatment.
- Learn to make some of your favourite Thai dishes by joining a cookery course offered by the talented chefs at the nearby Nahmyaa restaurant in Como Point Yamu resort, or try a class with the master of Thai fusion, Chef Tammasak “Noi” Chootong, who has opened a new branch of his celebrated Suay restaurant in nearby Cherng Talay.
- Find out more about local efforts to rescue endangered animals by booking a tour of the Phuket Elephant Sanctuary to watch rescued elephants at play in their natural environment, or on a visit to the Gibbon Rehabilitation Project just inside the entrance to Khao Phra Thaeo national park and Bang Pae waterfall.
- Try a round of golf at one of Phuket’s meticulously landscaped courses including Mission Hills, Laguna Phuket Golf Club and Blue Canyon Country Club.
- Explore Yao Noi, a stunning island just a short boat ride away in Phang Nga Bay that retains a traditional way of life. Cycle down narrow roads past buffalo fields and rice paddies, have a picnic lunch on a remote beach reached by long-tail boat and learn more about the local sustainable farming methods on a day trip.
- Discover the exotic marine life of the Andaman Sea on a scuba diving or snorkelling day trip to nearby islands including Koh Khai, the Similan islands, Koh Phi Phi and the Raya islands.